1. Description of Our Community
The grandfathers moved from 1974 to the Pingdong County Majia Town Yanshan road nearby had more than 30 years, the passing vehicles come and go shout the clamour, the very few some people will note our tribe “the row of bay village”, it in row of bay race's long history culture, but once had had a magnificent page. Old some recollections: Goes hunting is lifting game's brave warrior, in clansman's crowding around cheers, gathers the chieftain family to offer the substantial achievement, in that remote original township tribe, has ancestor's honorable recollection, in the memory lithograph room, the stone steps, Tao Hu, the magnificent clothing, Man Shan the primitive wooded mountain, jumps for joy the animal has become recalls. Entered the third generation in the row of bay village life, the mother tongue, the traditional technique, in the myth fable also fast outflow, some are only crowd of big eyes, the skin is slightly black, heroically, the pure genial people. Tribe's highest school, the schoolchild most loves “the raft bay National Elementary school”, also already in 81 years and to five kilometer beside good righteousness National Elementary schools, child's laughter only in the morning and the evening, before going to school, after and is on vacation from school, may hear.
2. Summary of Our Project
Under old people's direction, we find out underneath the old raft bay, has the mystical fable, the clansman regards as the taboo the ancient tribe, is the row of bay system's source area, in the fable hell entrance, the giant big footprint, the mystical big waterfall, the supernatural power stone column ......, in the old raft bay tribe's underneath woods, is summoning us, summons us to go back the visitation, ancestor's wisdom, the history tracks down, the culture to wait for us to search, the reconstruction self-confidently, let us treat the ancestor to work say Hollo I to come back. The entire topic will describe the Kapaiwanan historical situation, the position and the present raft bay village relations, visits the people to the tribe to inquire way, before and enters at present route and recent situation, must discuss enters the restricted area the sacrificial offering ceremony, and describes the ancient tribe approximate distributed situation, finds out the migration situation, the moving factor, and gauges describes the beforehand lithograph room the size, the construction place choice, understands ancestor's wisdom.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:less than 20
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:4-6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:2-3
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
(1) the computer software lacks: The school computer equipment, passes through diligently and wants to handle seeks the support, the main engine renews finally, but in the computer besides the basic copy clerk software, the no response uses the software, must use in the picture, the movie, the homepage editing the manufacture, is really the difficulty, finally can provide the personal computing and the voluntary worker by the school teacher helps only then to complete, on I herewith offer deep gratitude. (2)our Internet environment: Our school network environment is the ADSL radial selector which provides because of the Pingdong County net center to the academic network, in the school has one between in November, 2005 to replace 18 P-?Main engine's computer classroom, the screen also changed into 15 ? liquid crystals, is the student most likes the place, ordinary day besides on computer class's time, in other domains, also coordinates the curriculum content to enter the computer classroom to use, the midday rest also picks the registration way to open to the student uses, but in participates in net exposition this period, the team members sacrifice the midday rest, uses this period of time use computer classroom each item of equipment, under teacher's instruction assistance, causes the topic to complete smoothly
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Teacher Tsai: Every year said is the year participates last, but every year continues the leadership student walks, starts from September to convene the team, to the subject, the name discussion, arrives at the plan, the content verdict again, as soon as always changes changes again, does while repairs, but how can let the student note own historical culture, note elder's memory inheritance, how the memory, directly from master to disciple, to transform the writing, the picture, the phantom, lets the student regarding own culture, from knew that the understanding, likes taking to arrogantly, can say self-confidently: “I am the indigenous
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Merging the social and multi-faced education: During the course of doing the project, we visited various parts of the village and the old tribal site for photo shooting and information gathering on Wednesdays and weekends. We shared the things we learned from those outings with students who were not involved in the project, and by showing them photos they were able to take the journey with us. Students were often surprised that there were so many interesting stories in the community they live in, and as a consequence of being intrigued by the stories, they would often went home and asked their parents things like: “what is our family tribal name?”, “where were we from”, and “where did we live?”. Every Wednesday afternoon the students would watch the project team went out for interviews with envious eyes, and asked us to tell the teachers that they would also like to join us. Unfortunately the students were not able to join us because there was not enough room in the cars. Nonetheless they would still bombard us with all sorts of questions regarding the project, it was really a task for us to answer them all! 2.Ccultivating the love we have for our home town: While doing the project, we stepped out of the school and went into our tribe. Through the website, we hope to introduce people the beauty of our community, and to bring a piece of hometown for those who moved from the tribe to other parts of Taiwan, so that they would be proud of the remote Paiwan Village. We all worked really hard for achieving these goals, and we encouraged each other throughout the process. It is with hope that in the boundless world of the internet, the small Paiwan Tribe, the beauty of the deep mountain forest, and the old tribe full of legendary tales would be known by everyone.