1. Description of Our Community
Tianzhu County is located in the middle area between Qingzang Plateau and loess plateau. The Qilian Mountain is located in the north of the county with the sea level of 3500 meters. The main mountains are all more than 4000 meters high. The highest snow mountain is 4874 meters high. The area east of Wuqiao Ridge is 2610 to 3565 meters high. Most of the area is covered by loess. The area of Datong River is 2040 to 2300 meters high, which is the lowest in the county. The main mountains in the county are in the direction of northwest to southeast. Qilian Mountain has two branches: the north branch is Daiqian Mountain (4303meters high). Leigong Mountain (4326 meters high), Wuqiao Ridge (3561 meters high), Maomao Mountain (4074 meters high). The south branch is Maya Snowmountain (4447 meters high), Gangsen Ridge (3835 meters high), and Sanbao Mountain (3770 meters high). As the first autonomous county of minority group, Tianzhu Tibetan Autonomous County was established on May 6, 1950 and was named by Premier Zhou. It is also one of the two Tibetan autonomous counties in the whole country. With the whole area of 7150 square kilometers, there are five towns and 17 villages with 16 minority groups. The overall population is 227 thousand, of which 33.6% are the people of minority groups.
2. Summary of Our Project
1. We were born on the beautiful plateau. Although we are still students, we also want to make our own contributions to our hometown. We want more people to have a better understanding of our hometown, and our Tibetan culture, as well as the profound civilization of our country. We want to express our gratitude to Town and Talent, Co., Ltd who gives us this opportunity. 2. Due to the large population of Han group, the Tibetan customs and language have been greatly assimilated. We want to hand down and carry forward the Tibetan civilization instead of letting it slip away. Our web is mainly about the Tibetan marriage, in which some unique culture has been introduced. The marriage includes meeting the bride, escorting the bride and the banquet. Besides, some customs and traditions have also been introduced.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:none
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:2-3
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
10M light fiber
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Although we were born in the Tibetan area, we do not have a deep understanding of the customs and traditions. Hence we have to ask relevant questions to the senior citizens. The senior relatives of Wandroudancai rang and Wang Jing help us a lot. 2. Although our web is about the Tibetan marriage, there are very few people who hold the traditional wedding ceremony, so we have to interview some people who have held the ceremony before to collect some materials. 3. The pasture is quite far away from our school, so we have to go there by bike or on foot. 4. Some people wouldn’t like us to show their photos on our web.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Only when you have contact with the Tibetans, can you realize they are so hospitable, so sincere and so kind. We give our thanks to all the people who have help us in collecting the materials. Without you, our web cannot appear as it is now.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
With the implementation of the new basic educational class, it brings new vigor to the basic education. The open and implementation of the class bring the development to the school, students and teachers. the school class is the part of the education reform. Our school takes the policy and plan, the purpose of school and the interest of the students, fully using the resource on the development and research. We take the website as the theme, using the school history development and character, enhancing the interests, realizing the human basis and quality education.