1. Description of Our Community
Our community locates at Panchaio City, Taipei County, Taiwan. It's on the side of Taipei city and some famous sight seeing places are here, for example, Lin's Family, which was built in Ching Dynasty, and it's garden is decorated with lots of beautiful scenes with stones, small lakes and Chinese style bridges. Panchiao has popularation more than 50 thousands people. Our school was set here for more than 52 years and we receive most oversease Chinese students from all of the world and local students in this community. Our community is like a small city with prosperity.
2. Summary of Our Project
Our project is to introduce the local leader in Physical Education for volleyball. His name is Lo Chung-Zeng, who is a PE teacher in our school teaching for many years. He leads our school volleyball team to win lots of honor including Internation High School VolleyBall Game. In 2006, we won the second place and in 2008, we take the first place for the championship in Man's Volleyball Game of ISF. We plan to introduce Mr. Lo from his chldhood to growing-up and his hometown, where he was born in the southern part of Taiwan. Also, We are going to show his time of learning and teaching. Further more, we are plan to give a view about Mr. Lo from his families, his friends, teachers in the school and other related persons. We also would like to introduce how he trains the school team, which represented our country to win the world championship. All the process and all his successful achiecements and how he makes great efforts to success are what we are going to deal with. The title of this project we use is presented the meaning and spirit of teaching, learning, achievements we can see from our project about Mr. Lo, the person, whom we are highly respected.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:21-50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Most of the students do not know how to build a website. Only some of them have the experience to do the work. We set different groups for the whole project. 2. The research of this project includes interviewing related persons such as Lo's families, principles of some schools, Lo's superiors in P.E. Units, students he taugh and the volleyball team members in our school. We visited them or used telephone to complete our reaserch. Of course, we also got some references from sports magazines and news reports. 3. The range of our research is a large geographical area from sourthen to northern part of Taiwan. Because the people we interviewed lives at different areas, we takes a lot of time and enegry to make our project to accomplish. It's a hard work for our team members.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
We are introducing a person who is changing the history and creating the history of volleyball.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
At first, Mr. Lo is a famous volleyball coach all over the world. He lead his volleyball team, which represent our country, to join the Volley Game of ISF . He won the first runner-up in 2006 for boy's team and won the champion in 2008 for boy's team. This is worthy of prasing and introducing Mr. Lo to the community. Second, from interviewing, we know more about Lo's life and his different period of time of growing-up. We understood how he trains the volleyball team to win games either in our country or the world. At last, we admire that Lo is a legend in volleyball, a man who really mild but restrick at coaching. We think this is meaningful to introduce him for his efforts.