1. Description of Our Community
Shiraz is the capital of Fars province and one of the Iran metropolis and one of the most important tourist cities in Iran. Height of this city from sea is about 1500metre and it is located at the skirt of Zagros mountains. The legends has that Shiraz, the son of Tahmoras(a king of Pishdadyan dynasty) had established this city and the name of this city is retrieved from his name. The other narrative the name of this land was Shahre Raz which is called Shiraz in abbreviation. Shiraz in books and historical documents has various names such as Tyrasys, Shyrasys, and Shiraz. Shiraz is the capital, and the Center of Excellence in Literature and Culture There are tomb of the wise people and great poet in Shiraz such as Hafez and Sa adi which made Shiraz the center of Religious Philosophy.
2. Summary of Our Project
Shiraz music and art, used as an important music and art in Iran culture for over a decade, it was because of Shiraz situation in our country. A trip to this city in 18 March was about the local music that comes from Shiraz a people about 3days there. It had fun and enjoyable programs about the Shiraz music classes for kids there…the most important reason was our teachers comment and accesses community about this city. The music and art of Shiraz focuses on the Iranian traditional culture that had made by people that lived there from many years ago. they had an special music with an special accent…We research about one of the historical and article place in shiraz that had made by one of the Iranian king that had made over the years themselves. It had made by a special structure from stone. We will go through these subjects during our cyber fair project...
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:1
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
our access to computer at home is good.at school it is not enough.we cannot access to all sites as most of them are closed and filtered .we must use VPN to connect.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Data collection: One of the biggest problems we had to overcome was that at first we did not know what information was needed. However, after teacher s communication, we had meeting with the team members, we decided on Iran traditional music and art and local cultural innovation as the center of our research topic. 2. Data analysis: After the survey, we encountered some problems in arranging the results on the website and presenting the charts. However, after consulting with out instructor, we had a better idea of how to do that. We all did our best to collaborate and finish our jobs. 3. Website building skills: Although all of the team members had previously taken a website-related course, to create a high quality interactive website with images and to achieve aesthetic oneness, instructions from advisors were necessary. 4. Research hours: To maintain our normal class times, the team used lunch breaks, club time and weekly class meetings to discuss the project and to build the website. After school, we overcame the problem of not being able to find a common meeting time by communicating and discussing the contents of the website via the Internet. 5. Project progress control: Although all of the members held high expectations for the Cyber fair project website, the lack of experience left us bewildered in the early stage as to the overall website layout or progress control. Thanks to the support and supervision by the advisors, we finished the respective tasks on time. 6. Transportation Because we had to travel from one city to the other and we had to have our teacher s time and her helping in this traveling
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Participation in local music and art made us to think judiciously about our country culture & also it was great learning opportunity for us!!! we are so pleasure that we had this opportunity achieve more information about our country culture & also alienate our experience to those who were less fortunate & didn't have the chance to contribute in this project.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
To give you a convenient search activities must be considered in the context of laws, to do this requires a good model to learn how to do, this pattern can be achieved through a curriculum or is achieved by ideas from previous projects. With the use of previous project can get familiar with how to work with good quality. It also utilizes the ideas of educational projects and programs we are spending initiative and discuss new ideas using creative. Deal with different ideas and offer attractive.igh quality work that is accepted