1. Description of Our Community
Iran a diverse country with four seasons is located in the south west of Asia.Tehran the capital of Iran is located in the foothills of Albourz mountain.Our school Farzanegan 7 one of the elected schools in country, is located in north west of Tehran called Shahrak gharb which is a developed area. All students are intelligent and talented.Our team is active and innovativeand does its best to be successful in this project
2. Summary of Our Project
In recent years all citizens in some countries like Iran, especially our city Tehran, do agree that the growth in urban rat population has increasingly brought nothing but environmental problems to our city such as inappropriate scenery, general pollution , different diseases and ... Moreover, these everywhere- existing or overextending animals have also increased in size which can make them more frightening and trouble-making.As a result, we have decided to search out this serious problem
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:2-3
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
We had a lot of facilities but if we could use the internet with more speed it would be better.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1) Time management was one our main problems as two of the members were from the second grade and the others were from the first grade so our subjects were different and the teachers wouldn’t cooperate and give their time every day. 2) Another thing was bringing cameras for our project which was not allowed in the school and whenever we brought cameras with us, we couldn't keep it during the whole school time. 3) Unexpected event!! Snowy days were on the way and finally they caused the schools to close for a few days and we couldn't have our meetings and most importantly a session in which we were going to learn baiting and hunting rats with the help of the municipality. 4) Exams were one of the other obstacles which didn't let us have meetings regularly because everyone was busy with her studies and moreover we couldn’t have meeting after the school time. 5) Internet connection was way too problematic. It took several minutes for us to go and search in the internet as our school's internet speed rate was very low and worse than that we couldn't access the internet at all sometimes. But still we never forgot that:
“The best way out is always through.” Robert Frost
5. Our Project Sound Bite
As urban rats were one of the problems in our city, searching into this problem and educating the people of our community gave us an opportunity to understand how good it feels to be responsible citizens.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1-As all the information we found and gathered was all from reliable sources we had no problem in finding whether our data was accurate or not. 2-During the project we improved our group work skills and our members got better in their English too and we also grew a great friendship with other groups and learned how to design websites, solve problems, follow project methodology and understand our weak points. 3- We practiced concepts such as sharing ,behaving toward others ,sense of responsibility ,cheering others and ... and we also learned how to try not to get annoyed by little things and always be with the group. 4-For understanding specific ideas and deciding on something we had brainstorming sessions that really helped us find solutions and as we used the act-advise method we really worked on our mind processing. 5-One of our school goals was environmental awareness so our project was a great supplement to the school needs as we made it easier for the school to educate its students. 6-We understood that how a student can have large effects on her school only by participating in this project 7-The Internet has definitely been more effective because you can have access to a lot of information by a twinkling of an eye.