1. Description of Our Community
Huinong district is in diluvial fan location, geographically vast but barren soil, vegetation sparsity. Ecological environment is adverse. Huinong district is a key area of environmental protection and ecological management.
2. Summary of Our Project
By the practice survey and research, we disseminate to the world that there is such piece of green land in the foot of Helan mountain, which is regarded as a place that anyone cannot survive. Simultaneously, the hometown folk are aroused to acquaint themselves with their hometown. In addition, we pay our respects to the people changed the hometown silently.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:less than 20
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:2-3
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
We surf the Internet via ADSL in our school, and use the 2M bandwidth network. Only very few students can surf the Internet at home, while teachers can surf the Internet at home.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
(1) Tight Schedule Everyone of students has heavy study task and some practical training. So we are pressed for time. To solve this problem, we make full use of our after-class time and weekend, and we sacrifice our rest time. (2) Disagreement on Opinion When our team discuss some questions, we have different opinions and want to express our own opinions, but some members want to insist on their own opinion. To reach an agreement, we need friendly communicate with others to convince the other side, sometimes whose opinion should be adopted is decide by ballot, anyway, all of us can carry out the final decision. (3) the Insufficient English Ability We collect many reports and academic articles. Since they are written in English, we use the translation software to quickly access the information. Sometimes we consult our English teachers, and let them help us. (4) Narrow Range of the Material Collection (5) Due to lack of source of material, we can’t find out the knowledge that we want. We take full advantage of the Internet to search, and often go to the library of our county to lend some reference.
(6) Inadequate Experience of establishing webpage Because it is the first time to take part in the match for us, and we also make such webpage for the first time, we have inadequate experience of creating, and there are some knowledge that we don’t understand. To overcome the problem, we invite our support tutor and our computer teacher as our counselors to help us realize our ideas. At last, we complete it in the limited time. We will improve the existed problems again and again.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Green is charming, heralds the coming of harvest, but more devoted love affair. Let's honor people making their efforts. We sow seeds in spring, the seeds shoot out buds quickly.Natural resources is a priceless gift from Natural.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
The 21st century is a time of the Internet culture. The Internet culture, as the symbol of the information society, is penetrating into every field of the society, and is affecting the change in our study, work and life, even in the way of thinking. Just at this period, the Qianxiangwangcai technology limited company provided us with a platform, which widened our field of vision and exercised ourselves. However, in the Concrete operating procedure, there exist many difficulties, such as how to combine the routine of our school and the website establishment, which is a difficult question that we face. For this reason, we made great efforts in the following aspects: