1. Description of Our Community
We are in a remote region which is under the jurisdiction of Lanzhou city -- Honggu district. Lanzhou is only city to cross the Yellow River, along the South Bank of the Yellow River, opened Binhe road which is more than 50 kilometers from east to west, and built the only Yellow River customs line, known as the 'the Bund of Lanzhou'. Here, the floating sheepskin rafts around the Yellow River is one of the most distinctive tourism projects. We occasionally see skin raft drifting in the river, just like a leaf boat. The human and raft get together and drifting in the river; we cam see several guests on the raft close to see, it is very stimulating wit the waves. During the National Day in 2013, sheepskin rafts once again went into public view, Lanzhou TV, Gansu TV, CCTV news broadcast the sheepskin raft scene, this is Lanzhou enviable folk culture heritage, and bring unlimited business opportunities to the tourism industry in Lanzhou.
2. Summary of Our Project
In this project, the column 'folk culture' is the focus of the event. From the Guangxu years, since sheepskin rafts are followed from generation to generation, which not only continuous bearing labor, living, traffic dozens of generations of historical mission, more concentrated historical value of the Yellow River culture for hundreds of years. In addition, sheepskin raft is beautiful, unique, very entertaining, in recent years has been made into various types of sculpture, crafts, left the Yellow River, still showing the Yellow River culture, its artistic value is inestimable. In particular, it is an important part of the Yellow River culture, it is an important research area of cultural development, and it is the crystallization of the wisdom of the ancient working people. The sheepskin raft can be left if we want to investigate, promote the culture of the Yellow River.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:21-50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
We have 5 computer
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1) The photographing process is arduous, and our interview is blocked. The factories and mines destroy the environment in order to gain profit, and we are obstructed during photographing. But we get the evidence that they destroy the environment through many ways, including candid camera. 2) Hard journey. We have to change several buses and trains, even walking. 3) Tight time. We have great pressure on learning general knowledge, and we have to make up lessons at weekends, so we merely have time to interview. 4) Lacking in experiences. There are many problems about webpage-making skills, social interaction and communication. “The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak”. Also, the Organizing Committee requires that the entries should be in English version, so we have to seek help from the teachers from Qian Xiang Wan Cai.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Although webpage making is simple, the process is arduous! Once there is an opportunity in the future, we shall not miss it. We believe that hard work will be rewarded. Tourism is an important part of our economic development, all over the world is developing tourism, we believe that the efforts will bring vigor to the development of own home, we should study hard, do our best for the construction of tourism cultural center.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
We only know the knowledge of sheepskin rafts on the book, we want to experience personally, personally feel the charm of sheepskin rafts. The new curriculum clearly pointed out, high school graduates must participate in social practice, it is 6 goals, take this opportunity, we conducted our research activities. Not only finishing the social practice but also completing Webpage production. Throughout the process, we learned a lot of things that never learned from books, learned about the history and culture of sheepskin raft, production, bringing the contribution of regional economic development.