1. Description of Our Community
Hamasen located around the south end of Gushan District in Kaohsiung, it is old town between the foot of Ape hill and Yancheng District. “Hamasen” is place name was derived from ”HAMASEN”,it is the Japanese names of two railway which pass through this area. Moreover, Hamasen is an important spot for local people, there had many small boat and yacht at here. And Xiziwan Station of orange line of the subway of Kaohsiung also located in this station.
2. Summary of Our Project
The project is to research Hamasen which is old town in Kaohsiung. Because of a lots beautiful nature sign and Japanese architectures, the old street in hamasen becomes popular attraction travel spot for tourist. In recently years, people in Taiwan are attach great importance to culture industry, hence, we plans to investigate history and culture of Hamasen and let more people to understand.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:less than 20
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:2-3
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:2-3
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
Every classroom is equipped with computer, we use the internet to connect website, besides, the school wireless network is a 100M dedicated fiber-optic cable which is directly to connect with the website. We are able to increase access through computer or teacher’s notebook, another, members had own computer and ADSL internet access at home.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Spend more time to investigate 2. Using unfamiliar software and operating computer 3. Planning team schedule 4. Translating language
5. Our Project Sound Bite
It is first time for students to research and investigate project, importantly, students using painting skills, computer drawing which lead to the project more attracting, in the other hand, students practice how to gather information of project, and interview residents in practical.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Studying for practical application 2. Organizing great amount resources 3. Using base-contents of design and art appreciation 4. Operating software and machine in practical