1. Description of Our Community
There are many teachers and students from Sanyu elementary school belonging to the members of Zhi-Shan Theater Group and all of them have full of enthusiasm toward Taiwanese Opera. For Sanyu elementary school, Zhi-Shan Theater Group is not only like the best friend but also a family.
2. Summary of Our Project
Through actual participation experience enables members to learn more about Taiwanese Opera, and teachers have more communication opportunities with other groups through opera-related activities. Due to this contest, teachers and students have more understanding of Taiwanese Opera.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
Our Computer and Internet Access In the school, as the main architecture, the optical fiber is connected to the school computer center, and then connected to Taiwan academic network with T1 special line. At home, ADSL wideband is used for data inquiry and upload.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. A plan cannot keep up with changes: at the very beginning, we discussed and voted to interview National Education Radio, and our team name was Sanyu Little Radio Station. But unexpectedly, National Education Radio was under renovation, we were very upset at that time. Just at that time, we learned that Teacher Tsung-ying Hsieh will perform Taiwanese opera, so we changed our project topic to Taiwanese opera. The team name was changed to Sanyu Junior Drama Club. (Tsung-ying Hsieh, Hsin-ling Hsu, Feng-ming Chuang).
2. Littlie time for plan discussion: most of the members were in Grade 4, and all had after-class activities, so we had to use lunch break on Tuesday for study and discussion. Sometimes, the school would hold some competitions, most of the members participated in the competition, so our meeting was delayed and even canceled. (Tsung-ying Hsieh, Feng-ming Chuang)
3. Insufficient computer skills: it was the first time for us to make webpage, and we were not proficient in computer usage. We encountered a lot of difficulties in sorting data, editing pictures and films, and making webpage. Luckily, the teachers taught us, gradually, we used our vacation to make the webpage. Although the teacher said there should be more improvement, we were already satisfied, and had the sense of completing a task. And typing is a hard job. (Lo-chen Wang, Hsin-ling Hsu)
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Knowing Taiwanese Opera, happy learning, having mutual cooperation through participation in activities and gaining centripetal force.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
First of all, read the relevant instructions carefully and referred to the outstanding performance of previous groups. Second, searched for the perfect team members from school. Third, found out the topic and began to planning programs and related activities, did research.