1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
1.Oral Interviews:Wevisit ed the local people and came to understand the regional problems better. 2.Internet:We searched for related websites on the Internet and communicated with many net users. 3.DC,DV,Graphics capture card:We took pictures, recorded the voices and images of the interviewees during our interview. Then, we converted the images into VCD and voice recordings into MP3. 4.Scanner and Printer:We processed the images with scanners and had the information printed out for circulation with printers. 5.Phone & Fax:We communicated with the interviewees be phone and fax. 6.Flash Drive and CD-RW:We stored the information on these media for the use on PCs with no network connection. 7.Computer Software:NAMO, DreamWeaver, PhotoShop,Cute ftp, Office2003,etc
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
On the day we are to interview, the teacher gathered us and gave us tips and techniques on how to conduct interview at large and communicate our project to the relevant personnel. They were kind. In the interview, we recorded the interviewees’ sounds while putting forward our questions and taking the photos as proof. In the beginning, we had had a fear that the role we played might arouse their antipathy. However, they were so patient with us while answering our questions that we can’t help feeling gratitude to them. We took their words earnestly. Sometimes we presented them with small gifts to show our great gratitude. The interviewees ranged from teachers, parents, neighbors to staff from different organizations. They also contributed a lot of useful information to the webpage, making it worth reading.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
(1) Our Cyberfair Project was a reflection of society. Our parents were happy that we are learning to fight against the ills prevalent in the society. Meanwhile, the people around can have first hand information on the project on the website(2) As the data compiled and summarized for the Cyberfair was obtained entirely from interview of doctors telling direct and indirect imlpications of dop/ drugs on individuals, people could gather important information on this. Our “kid correspondents” had to shuttle between cities those days, which make their learning diverse and interesting. Through this project, we had a wider contact with the people outside school as well as people of different class and from other counties or cities. In addition, other students in our class and their parents who had visited our webpage also came to our computer classroom from time to time to cheer us up.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
Out first and foremost thanks to our Director Mr Harsh Sharma, who introduced us with this wonderful task which has reaped for us memorable and life long learning. Our Principal Mrs Preeti Mannan gave her valuable inputs and insights on all the proceedings we did from time to time. Our group of talented and dedicated teachers thank you for being with us all through the project and giving us instructions and toiled with us on weekends and even Sundays. At last, thanks Hope Rehabilitation Center again for their assistance, with which we could wrap up the project successfully.assistance here.