Life, Living, Ecology--Reading Accompanied Dog
Category: 2. Community Groups and Special Populations
School: Wun De Elemantary School
Changhua, Changhua, Taiwan
6 students, ages 11-12 worked together to complete this CyberFair project on March 6, 2017.
They have participated in CyberFair in the following year(s): 2014,2015,2016
Classes and Teachers: Li Chengying ,Lin Hongjian,Li Bingxuan,Huang Junqi, Xu Jingwen, Xu Yanting,Xu Tinglun, Xu Qiaoxin, Xu Yufen
Our School's Web Site:
1. Description of Our Community
Wunde elementary school of Changhua County is located on Mt. Bagua, and the elevation 352 meters, the county route 139 north and south passes through, the branches and leaves luxuriant pasture is along the way unceasing, is “the senate mountainous country park country from lane”, the tourist like weaves, provides the happy exactly natural environment. Wende elementary school nearby the roaming home about midway animal, in addition the school teacher plans a succession of pariah dog characteristic curriculum, except for encouraging student close ecology, strengthens the interactive cooperation of dog and person, hopes that can turn over on 139 county routes the populace regarding abandoning dog useless harmful the impression, lets the student feel the design to be possible to turn over the life the ability, and promotes the empathy education! Therefore, we with Taiwan Seeing-eye dog Association, by the companion dog plan that the seeing-eye dog association promotes, how studies the pariah dog changes the body to become reading to accompany the dog, and in the article Germany small teaching field territory, display reading accompanies the influence, enables the child to be possible by dog companion only to like reading, falls in love with reading. The research direction is as follows:
First, exploration leads Taiwan Guide Dog Association: It is not only hears the guide dog’s guidance, the opportunity that but trains while the seeing-eye dog association, short distance understanding seeing-eye dog's training process, feels the design to improve the life the ability. Can run with big dogs joyfully with the amusement, with the change possibility that the feeling accompanies, pondered whether together the pariah dog may also train the beneficial people's working dog. Second, community development and life guidance, the school characteristic is best to unify: Provides the resources to the person who needs to help through Wende elementary school.
2. Summary of Our Project
We are in Wunde, for our own place to explore, it is necessary to spend time is, for we want to explore the Taiwan Guide Dog Association, the local community organizations, but also by our exploration, The work of the dog has a more in-depth discussion, we formed 'Wende reading companion dog' this research team, under the leadership of the teacher, we proceed to the following points:
(1) From the network and books to collect relevant information.
(2) Field visits and surveys.
(3) Organize and study the information, and write research conclusions,
suggestions and experiences.
(4) Make web page rendering results.
(5) To let our research results so that more people know.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:21-50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
(1) The manufacture homepage is difficult: limited to the age and experience, we manufacture the homepage comparison to have the difficulty, how our major part is also studying designs the homepage. Moreover the overall homepage's part, invited the teacher guide and helps.
(2) After having has not contacted the new knowledge: we have launched the research, the discovery to have many knowledge is we have not contacted, we use the material reading and adviser's consultation and everybody discussion overcome together. (3) Some member places do not coordinate: we use the division of labor and cooperation easily in the part of reorganization and visit of material the way, but in process of research work, because individual specialty and time factor, have ability training and other factors, will encounters the situation that the barrier is unable to coordinate, we under teacher's instruction and coordination, slowly overcome this question.
(4) The interview time needs coordination in every way: in interview's object, needs to coordinate besides the time of member, the place public figure who accepts the visit must agree on the time that both sides can accept to carry on smoothly, because of us can only in usually at noon midday rest's time, therefore, this must undergo the relation coordinated. Moreover inquires on the spot is also same, can only use during winter vacation, the time that agrees on carries on, therefore we specially coordinated good.
(5) The member is young: Our average ages in 11 to 12 years old, therefore we have the multi-ability part to be more insufficient, need many studies.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Pay our efforts, for the solution and a promotion completely mental effort of society side environment issue.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
By fundamental concept that a nowadays nine years consistent curriculum executes, must train the student to have a person of this mood, to make uniform ability, native soil and international consciousness, as well as can carry on lifelong the study the perfect national, but the research subject that we select, is suiting the local environment subject, may lead the student to have the native mood, and has the globalization international outlook, furthermore nine years consistent curriculum reform must lead the school to face the multiplex development by the design of school standard curriculum, therefore carries on because of this special study, may lead the school standard to develop then thoroughly inquired into for the hometown place environment issue that lets our hometown be able from the network middle walks. We by advance of this special study, participate, study on the spot, let us in the process of research, learn the much knowledge and customs results in the skill. Participates in the research project from the student in process, our entire school and community moved, except for giving hardware beside assists to support, unified our school standard characteristic development and deepens to understand our community; In process that in the entire plan is conducted, we study the person team's spirit, to observe the record, to interview and treat people with the skill and itinerary that plan and training train of thought the human communicates to handle matters…Waits for very many skills, certainly, most important is also the information accomplishment ability, this is a very rare experience. The education is develops the student potential, to raise the student adaptation and improvement living conditions course, is leading.
1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
Under the trend of digital technology today, our 'thematic research' is expected to enable students to use IT products, such as the use of digital sound recordings when conducting interviews, the use of digital cameras, And the Internet for data collection. In addition, telephone contact visits, television programs, books, newspapers and magazines, the use of scanning images, text editing, etc., so that students benefit a lot. Introduction to the equipment we use:
Hardware equipment: computers in our computer classroom, teacher, classmates in their personal computer, notebook, digital cameras, tape recorders, voice recorder, scanner, printer.
Computer software: Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Namo web editing, Photoimpact image processing, Microsoft Word text editing, send and receive letters, Internet Explorer web browsing, ACDSee image browsing, CuteFtp transmission data.
Internet: Web and Ftp Server, Fiber Broadband, Internet Hard Drive, Email, Message Board.
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
In this special study, we need to understand the local community organizations of the Taiwan Guide Dog Association, so most of us have access to research materials in a field visit. Through our field visits, we have learned a lot. Because of the fact that we visited a lot of places in the process of field visits, those who were aware of the efforts we were doing and the significance of the study, so that we could pass on our ideas, and we would also like to The study works on the website, provide the school as a local textbook, and let all people share our learning results through the web, know what we are planning and provide valuable advice.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
Through the resources of the Internet, so that more people understand and care for local culture, but also to show the school to promote information education spared no effort. In the nine years of basic ideas, we have been emphasizing the school standard, cultivate local feelings, and through this research, activities, we are almost full of Finland Township go through! The work of education requires bit by bit to practice, to promote, slang words: 'people are doing, people are watching', believe that we pay, you can get closer to the distance between the communities.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
Our team in addition to their own resources, finishing resources, we spent a lot of time to carry out field observation part, in the field observation, we encountered a lot of people may be unknown in their own jobs, but also because they Of the pay, the so-called career without distinction, the line out of the champion, because of their enthusiastic assistance, we can understand more, we are very grateful to those who participate in helping those elders!
On the other hand, we have to cultivate a good attitude and skills, so we have a lot of pains in the training of interviews, such as courtesy training, ritual training, Q & A skills, etc. Good side, show to each other, this is also a courtesy. Because our members are younger, we are grateful to the parents of our school to provide our assistance at the time of the study, such as the transfer at the time of the visit. And the village head also raised the purpose of our study through the community development meeting and provided our assistance. Moreover, thanks to all those who accepted our visit, their enthusiastic hospitality made us extremely grateful.
View our CyberFair Project
(Project ID: 8266)