1. Description of Our Community
Sanxia district is the second largest area in New Taipei City, its name referred to the junction of three important rivers, Dahan river, Horizontal river and Sanxia river. It is a district surrounded by mountains and rivers. Owing to its unique geographical factors, Sanxia develops the well-known blue-dying industry, which is exactly one-of-a-kind. Generally, we divided Sanxia district into two main parts, Sanxia downtown and Bei Da special zone. The former is actually an area with traditional design and atmosphere. As for the later, it’s an area with modern facilities. Recently, with the development of Bei Da special zone, it had gradually formed a gap between the two main areas in Sanxia.
2. Summary of Our Project
We chose “The Can” to be our researchful topic and it belongs to Business and Community Organizations. We mainly discuss the effects that The Can brought to Sanxia and what it did to help our society. We will start from investigating the origin, development, achievement, industry and so on, and then deeply find out the importance and the necessities of The Can to Sanxia.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:none
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:none
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:1
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
A: 100% B: Each classroom is equipped with one workstation with internet access C: 300MB D: 2 years
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
(1) Time management Since we were busy in studying or club activities, sometimes our members forgot to hand in their assignments or postponed our regulate meeting. In order to solve these problems, we set a punishment system, a long-term schedule and reminded everyone to be punctual before the meeting. (2) Technical Skills We were not familiar with programming language in the beginning. We didn’t understand it very often. Thus, we needed to spend more time to realize it. (3) Communication Because we didn’t have any experience in interviewing the employees of The Can, our requirements of change date lead to their inconvenience. After that, we sent the e-mail immediately to say sorry for our problem. Besides, we would practice in advance and get ready before we interviewed them.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
With our participation,we learned more about The Can, and we believed that it is an awesome representative of the culture and creativity industry in Sanxia, which really drew our attention. Thus, through our website, you can not only have brief understanding about The Can, but also know more details about what they’ve done so far.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
Through the process, we have learned to use technical advice, do research on our topic efficiently, organize information quickly, and finally build an attractive website.