1. Description of Our Community
Taipei city is the capital of Taiwan. People in Taipei are very busy. Each day, citizens work hard to earn a small amount of wage and students stay in school for 10 hours a day, thus, they forget to enjoy the life. MOA Taiwan, is an organization located at Taipei city. They chose Taipei as their headquarters in Taiwan, leading people to find happiness in life. In Taipei, MOA has promoted its value to all kinds of place, including farm in Yangmingshan Mountain to perform nature farming. MOA lets people see the beauty of nature, enjoy healthy vegetables, and it also holds flower arranging and tea ceremony courses in busy downtown areas, giving people a chance to enjoy life. MOA is active in improving together with the people of Taipei. The citizens of Taipei are forgetting the true purposes of life, thus, it is important for us to find it back.
2. Summary of Our Project
Our CyberFair Web Project is about MOA Taiwan . MOA is a worldwide organization works on promoting the creation of a blissful civilization based on aesthetics around the world. In this project we hope to let everyone understands MOA more deeply, and to see their latest effort. Due to the reason that MOA is a large organization with many missions, we focus on MOA’s contribution in natural farming, natural diet and aesthetic education. We also wish to start from our school, spreading MOA’s philosophy, letting everyone have the chance to find the key towards happiness. Research direction: 1. Understand why MOA was created, its history and basic background, explore deeply into MOA’s process of how it was developed. 2. Understand MOA’s relationship between natural diet, natural farming and life. 3. Visit Taiwan’s organic farms, understand Taiwan’s organic industry deeply, learn related knowledge about food safety, and experience organic delicacies. 4. Understand the art of aesthetics, learn the spirit of flower arranging and tea ceremony, and spread the idea of aesthetic lives. 5. Starting from our school we let students know about the spirit of being environmentally friendly, finding the beauty of life and other ways and ideas to let them have the feeling of happiness.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
Our school's external internet has a speed of 30MB green line transfer. There are wireless network as well as wired network in the school. Every classroom is equipped with a set of computer. There are also computer classrooms. We mostly use times at school to discuss our website contents, search information, and print out documents. 1.Team Members' Internet Environment at home: Every team member has either PC or laptops at home, and we continue the research project and contact one another through the internet. 2.Measures Taken for Processing Information: We have set up internet hardware in drives such as Dropbox and Google Drive. Team members can work on the project at home and at school.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
Step out of the comfort zone and learn how to interact with interviewees As a high school student, teachers gave us a lot of freedom to prepare our topic. We held meetings to face, discuss, and solve questions, and we also planned all of our interviews by ourselves. At first we also felt scared, worried, not knowing how to contact and make the questions. After numerous experience activities, we found out that all we need to do was to step out of the comfort zone. Facing our interviewee with politeness and earnest, we arrange interviews or activity successfully. Every information we learn from interviews make us very proud of ourselves. 2. Being a good writer One of the major difficulties we faced was turning our thoughts and ideas into words and presenting it as a clear result. Although everyone knows how to write an article; however, the articles for this project is different from daily life writing. We need to have prior background information beforehand. Fortunately, by discussing with each other, we not only make our paragraphs better, but also improve our own ability on editing. 3. Organizing our Time Time management is essential for every team members of CyberFair Web Project. In order to understand deeply about MOA, we need to spend a lot of time on researching but also need to do our school works. Though the competition we learn how to organize time well. We often used lunch breaks to write articles, and we mostly communicated with each other through our cellphone instead of having actual meeting. We learned to work in a most effective way so that we could finish our work as fast as possible.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
The true purpose of life is to enjoy every moment with passion.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Languages: During the research process, we learned to gather correct information. While planning the interview, we practiced asking proper question to the interviewees. We also practiced writing down our idea and turned them into passages. These activities allowed our reading, listening, speaking and writing abilities to improve. 2. Math: We analyzed the data and gave conclusions based on the analysis. 3.Nature and Life Science: We learned about the effects caused by pesticides and we practiced nature farming. We observed the local nature environment and shared our reflection with others. 4.Computer Science: We designed the website. We practice research information and create films. While doing our research, we experienced and realized the effort MOA did to bring people happiness. We also learned and used many knowledge related to our class subjects. In language we showed our usual skill in writing compositions to write web contents, personal experiences, and activity records. In math we used graphs to show the results in interviews, analyzed people’s opinion for organic industries. In science we visited the fields on Yang ming Mountain, came close with nature, and observed how plants grow personally. In social studies we visited different communities, talked with local people, and collected all kinds of first-hand information and analysis. In technology we used equipment to beautify pictures and set websites. In Integrative Activities we cultivated leadership and teamwork, cooperated with each other, planned interviews, and turned ourselves into reporters, writing reports. In art, we practiced page layout, coloring, and designed posters to spread MOA’s spirit. In the competition we not only learned how to set websites, but also put our school subjects into use, making learning into an interesting memory.