1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
Scanner .Desktop computer and Laptop .Projector .Smartphone .Digital Camera .Cloud storage .Libraries .Museums
When it came to acquiring equipment and tools needed, we were very fortunate, as we were already in possession of several hardware items that became invaluable towards our completion of the project, such as Laptop computers and art tablets. The school also lent a us hand by lending us one of their state-of-the-art video cameras for recording purposes. These tools came in handy on more occasions than one. The laptop computers made the conversion and organization process of material information a lot easier than it would have been and carried a number of useful software that helped in their own way, from image processing to content production, such as Photoshop and Lightroom. Smartphones also played a huge role in the completion of the project, as it allowed teammates to stay connected not only to each other, but also to the latest information and progress. All it took was the push of a few buttons and new and essential information can immediately be shared and received by all members of the group, no matter where they are. The laptop and smartphone proved to be extremely useful items for all they have accomplished in link with the thematic project.
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
3. Contestants who participate in the 'International CyberFair' have a responsibility to uphold their mission of introducing the local characteristics of their region to audiences around the world. In the past few months, we have used a series of methods such as data collection, literature research, character interviews, photography, and records to first complete all the data related to Lee Teng-hui, while simultaneously organizing our research results gradually. We hope that through the far-reaching influence of the Internet, more people around the world will get to know Lee Teng-hui and our community better. We strive to complete the content of our website, become the best community ambassador, and promote Lee Teng-hui story to more people.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
During his 12 years in politics, Lee Teng-hui planted a seed for democracy in Taiwan. Growing up in Tamshui, Lee came to Tamshui High School (now Tamkang High School) as a distinguished alumnus during his schooling. During his presidency, he made significant contributions to Taiwan's politics, such as bringing Taiwan to democratization and promoting the '10,000-year parliamentary re-election'. He died of septic shock on July 39, 2020, but his spirit of democracy is still deeply engraved in the hearts of Taiwanese people. Through our research and interviews, we hope to understand Mr. Lee's dedication to Taiwan and let more people know how the current democracy and freedom came to be.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
The main reason why we wanted to participate in the '2023 International School Internet Expo' competition was because we were inspired by our seniors. Last year, they entered the '2022 International Cyber Expo' competition under the theme of 'Tamkang High School Makai Expo', and they won the highest award of the year, the Platinum Award, for this project. Because of the outstanding performance of the previous year's seniors, we, the younger generation, aspired to be like them and shine on the stage one day. However, although we had such ambition, our plans were delayed due to our own laziness or that of our group members. Under the supervision of the team leader, the team members began to realize the time constraint and worked hard to help each other to make the website complete.
5) Discoveries, Lessons and Surprises (Optional)
During this project, I found many things that I had never done or thought about, such as how to set up a website, compile information, etc. I found that the exchange between seniors and juniors can stimulate more ideas. This is not only more efficient, but also saves a lot of time when reviewing information. The atmosphere of brainstorming is an integral part of the process, and the feeling of moving forward towards the same goal brings more emotion to the whole project; and the amazing thing is that they were awarded the World Platinum Award last time.