1. Description of Our Community
Taichung city make it better-Melody playgrounds Plan Park construction Department plays the role of changing the urban landscape. It is the best place to promote urban aesthetics. At the same time, it provides an environment for citizens to relax and exercise, and changes people's living and leisure habits. Extend the public art from the street space to the park, make the pavement, facilities and street furniture artistic, and spread the greenery from the park to the block, creating a new aesthetic of the city and bringing new views and feelings to the citizens. The Universal Design Park is one of the important promotion projects in the Melody Project. It emphasizes that through design, the park can accommodate the conditions and needs of different groups, provide a leisure space for people of various ages to rest and develop their abilities, and meet the needs of different groups. Competence needs to achieve group social tolerance and respect. Therefore, the Taichung City Melody Project, in addition to the space design of a child-friendly city, hopes to provide children with diverse and challenging play facilities. These characteristic park facilities have also become well-known parent-child sightseeing spots in Taichung City.
2. Summary of Our Project
Starting in 2020, our childhood has changed... Alcohol, masks, online courses, these have become our daily life. Nintendo released the switch at the time, and parents had to help us grab the goods. The popularity can be seen. The popular Animal Crossing Friends Club allowed us to play games and interact in the online virtual world because of the epidemic... Gradually, going out has become a luxury. We also heard that many students have entered a state of excessive use of 3C, but we really want to go out and play. We miss the joy of playing in the playground with our friends and the free air. The easiest way for us to explore the world is through games. Based on the information from the Construction Bureau of the Taichung City Government, we found five characteristic parks near the school and conducted on-the-spot investigations. We used Wednesday afternoons to experience the parks and write down our thoughts on the parks. The place and our observations, made a fun park report, as well as exploration notes. Planning an exhibition to introduce these characteristic playgrounds in the city to everyone. I hope that every adult and child can stop by and let more people know about a good urban game space and the importance of games to children.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
1. An interactive website has been built in the school (network expo collection): Allow us to upload our reports and discussions at any time 2. The network environment of the school: The school provides six student computers for use in gifted and gifted class classrooms, and they are all connected to the computers of the whole school, which is convenient for us to discuss, search for information and print documents in the school. 3. The network environment of the team members’ homes: Each team member has a computer at home and has an Internet connection. After school, we use email and Google Drive to continue our research work.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Technical obstacles: Because our webpages are not well coded and the skills are not good enough, it is difficult to make webpages and typesetting, so we first use the computer to complete the text,and try to practice using simple programs to paste text and insert pictures. 2. Theme idea: Topic research experience: It was the first time for everyone to participate in the Internet Cyberfair. During the process, we spent a lot of time discussing our research structure.The teacher also paid special attention to our formulation of questions and the practice of interviewing. In terms of article writing, in order to make writing closer to readers, we also try to learn how to write a good summary article. In the process of exploring the characteristic game field, we also found that it is not easy to record in detail, so we constantly correct the way we take notes in the process, and more importantly, we must be able to translate the information we have obtained, and then pass it on to More people, follow-up let us learn how to act through our own actions, in addition to promoting the topics we are studying, but also realizing our ideals. 3.Team Communication/Cooperation: At the beginning of the semester,the teacher had already told us that the next three team members must cooperate , and each of us should give full dedication to their expertise. To assist and complete this research project, the teacher asked us to think about the previous experience of cooperating with others, we need to be patient and explain it a few more times. Later, we may get along for a long time, and we gradually understand each other's expertise and characteristics. We also record our ideas in a notebook. 4.Progress control: We planned the time at the beginning of the semester, we also went to school to do our project during the holidays.To send each other through cloud hard drives or e-mails Even if you cannot go to school during the winter vacation due to the new coronavirus.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Soundtrack of our project By participating in International Schools CyberFair, we believe that the greatest meaning is to bring students, teachers, alumni and the community together and understand each other that we all live in the same community. Students can learn about children's rights, care about human rights, and understand the meaning of being committed to public welfare actions. They can also identify more with themselves, know they are capable, and understand their role as global citizens.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
Topics combine and extend school-revised curriculum themes 1. Curriculum revision: Are you a graduate student? Design concept: to cultivate students' abilities of independent learning, data collection, note-taking, speculative thinking, and oral presentation.
2. Revision Course: Urban Explorer: Design concept: Through community surveys and cultural introductions, students' sense of urban identity and humanistic qualities are cultivated, and then urban regeneration is practiced.
3. Revised Curriculum: Dream Practitioner: Design concept: to cultivate students' good character, problem-solving and good sentiments with others.
4. School Reading Theme: Children's Rights: Design concept: human rights education.